One Pan Italian Chicken
One pan Italian chicken sheet pan meal
This Meal Can Feed You Three Times or More
One Pan Sheet Meals Are So Versatile
How to Make this Sheet Pan Meal
Ready for More?
If you love easy, delicious recipes just like this one, we invite you to try out our Mediterranean Meal Plans.
Our meal plans incorporating Mediterranean Diet Principles throughout each week so that you get a well-balanced diet, with way less stress.
Each meal plans comes complete with an organized grocery list to save you time. The meal plans arrive directly to your email inbox: couldn't be easier!
One Pan Italian Chicken
Make your entire dinner using only one pan...and most of the time is hands-off cooking! Meals like this can be a lifesaver on a busy evening. Feel free to double or triple the recipe and eat it for a few meals, or use the roasted chicken and veggies as a shortcut other meals. I love recipes like this: one pan for the whole meal, and almost all the time is hands-off. Throw some veggies and chicken on a pan, pop in the oven, and half an hour later, you are eating a delicious, healthy dinner. Then there’s only one pan to wash, which is my favorite part.
- 2 raw chicken breasts, 6 ounces each (or chicken tenderloin, as pictured)
- 2 cups raw cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup raw onion, chopped
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning blend (or less, as preference) (or 1 tsp dried basil, 1 tsp dried oregano, 1/2 dried rosemary, 1/2 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 tsp red chili flakes)
- 1 lemon (or 2 TBS lemon juice)
- olive oil for greasing the pan
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional: balsamic vinegar reduction for serving (see our recipe)
- Preheat over to 400 degrees and grease a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Zest half the lemon (if using) and juice the whole lemon.
- Layer the chicken breasts on one side of the baking sheet. Assemble veggies on theother side, making sure that nothing overlaps to ensure even cooking.
- Sprinkle herbs, zest of the lemon, salt, and pepper liberally over meat andveggies.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until chicken is cooked through (keep an eye on it, as different thicknesses will cook more quickly). During the last 5 minutes of baking time, remove the pan from oven and squeeze lemon juice all over chicken and vegetables. Put back in the oven to finish cooking.
- Serve the chicken and veggies on two plates. This would be excellent over brown rice or barley!
- Optional: add a drizzle of balsamic vinegar reduction over both plates to take this to the next level!
Im going to try this