The Farmer Frittata
All the veggies come together to make this egg frittata breakfast hearty and delicious! Paired with a little salad or some fresh fruit, this is a perfect lunch or dinner. Dairy-free, gluten-free, vegetarian, and of course, Mediterranean Diet approved.
Easy to MakePerfect for a breakfast on-the-go, brunch with friends, or a breakfast-for-dinner main meal, this egg dish is stuffed with veggies for extra flavor and antioxidants. Easy to make ahead and reheat for convenience! We eat them year-round in my house! This flavor combination is a family favorite, but feel free to swap these veggies for any that you have in the house or that sound great to you. In this recipe, we’ve reduced the number of egg yolks in the dish by about half. Have you tried this with other egg dishes? You probably won’t notice a difference but you will save yourself some calories and cholesterol! Just remember that egg whites are about half as much volume as the whole egg, so your total whole eggs would be 6 and your total egg whites would be 12. Which do you prefer– all whole eggs or split in half? It’s delicious either way!
This dish is as easy as cracking the eggs in a bowl and giving the veggies a quick couple of minutes sauteeing in a pan. Add everything to a pan and pop into a preheated oven. The eggs should cook through in about 15 minutes. Make sure to check for doneness before enjoying. This kind of egg frittata is great hot (right out of the oven) or cold! Give this recipe a try, and let us know what you think!
Notes on This Egg Frittata:This can be made using 12 eggs. To reduce the volume of yolks without changing the taste very much, we recommend making it with 12 eggs whites and 6 whole eggs. (You need double the whites because one egg white is half the volume of one egg). Feel free to use any veggies that you have in your house! We love the pepper, green, mushroom combination. Do you love breakfast foods? Many experts still say that it's an important meal to eat. Let us know below!
The Farmer Frittata
Breakfast, Main Course
- 5 whole eggs and 10 egg whites (or, use 10 whole eggs and 0 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of choice
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 5 ounces salad greens, like kale or spinach (5 ounces is one container of prewashed greens)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (any color!)
- 1/2 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Crack the eggs and egg whites into a bowl and mix with the milk, salt, and pepper.
- In an oven-ready pan on the stove, heat the olive oil and then add all the veggies. Cook over medium heat until everything has softened, which is should be about 5 minutes.
- Into the hot pan on the stove, pour in the egg mixture. Now carefully put the pan into the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, until the eggs are cooked through.
- Serve with a green salad for a main meal or with fruit in the morning. Yum!